JAB Comix Community Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sinope!

Standard Comic book Page sizes

This may help.

A lot of us are working on a bunch of comic pages and sort of randomly create the size of our pages. If you want to save yourself a lot of headaches in the future (because someday you may want to bring it to print) these are the proper dimensions to make your pages.

Final cut size of the comic page is 6.75" X 10.25.

You must assume it is being printed by some high school drop out so there is a 1/4" buffer around the page assuming each page won't be cut straight. Keep all important drawings, text, SFX, frame borders, or anything else important to the story in here. Assume that everything outside of this area may be cut off the page.

1/8" bleed around the whole thing. Anything you want to extend to the edge of the page must go PAST this line.

Page should be 300dpi for final print.

(BTW... there's a printer out here in Victoria, B.C. that will print ANY comic (...except those that "exploit innocence"). Their prices are quite fair.)

Before you upload it to be viewed on the web, resize the canvas back to 6.75"X10.25"

Note: For the front and back cover there is no "Safe area" or "Bleed Area" on the spine since the pages will be butt joined together.

post-5853-0-83053400-1366585505_thumb.jpg

post-5853-0-26859200-1366585516_thumb.jpg

post-5853-0-36385300-1366585529_thumb.jpg

Tell that to the Aztecs, Macedonians, Egyptians and Mayans who kept all of their records in digital format! :)

Are they still around? Nope, they're dead also. So yeah, print is dead.

He's right, I have several cadavers on my wall, but that's me.

tom

Are they still around? Nope, they're dead also. So yeah, print is dead.

Wha? If they actually printed things rather than saving things on their flash memory drives, we might actually have a decent record of them today. :)

I agree that if you want to make money, you have to go digital but I like appreciating artin its truestmedia, I like print (just like I can appreciate architecture by walking through it rather than looking at it in a magazine).

Anyways... just some info just in case anyone wants to eventually get their comics in print.

I agree with you, there is a certain satisfaction of touching something compared to just viewing it.

tom

I agree with you, there is a certain satisfaction of touching something compared to just viewing it.

tom

Like pussy!

Like pussy!

LOL, well said Jab, well said.

Like pussy!

Professionally speaking I really can’t agree… Crap, you’re right…

tom

Sign in to follow this