JAB Comix Community Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M00se

Storytelling with color

post-32215-0-14826800-1416807000_thumb.jpg

I posted this on Facebook and figured I'd post this here too.

Thanks Uncle Moose!  I think you should write a book.  Christopher Hart is a hack!

I thought about writing book back in the day, but then I think I just chickened out.

That is great information moose, I may bother you with some color questions if that's ok with you.

Sure, no problem Vltre.

Feel free to keep showing Colouring tutorials Moose! I'm always keen on learning more!

Hey moose, how do I paint a candle?

The shape, the light, the contrast, the shadow... Everything!

Help me OB Moose... You're my only hope!

post-32215-0-86682900-1466705596_thumb.jpg

Candles can be tough because there's usually more than one so you need reflective light and all sorts of stuff but let's just assume there's only one candle.  

The first image is the base color but the second image I made the bottom of the candle about 25% darker and then I added a shadow color that's even darker than that.  In the third image I "lit" the candle but also added yellow to the tip.  In the fourth one I added white to the flame.  In the fifth image I added a layer over the inks and airbrushed (on screen mode) yellow orange to make it glow.  In the last one if you wanted more contrast I airbrushed the same color over the tip, but this time I used color dodge mode.  It just helps give it more contrast.  

It's crude, but maybe it helps ya.  

That is awesome man, thank you so much!

If it was a dark room you think only the light of the candle will be visible? 

I'm trying this as soon as I get a chance. 

You're welcome.

I'd say everything within about 5-10 feet would be visible.  Or a few meters for the rest of the world who is smart enough to use the metric system.  ;)

What is the difference in drawinh between spit and cum?

How can you tell one from the other in the same panel?

This was actually a tough one for me.  Lots of trial and error.  At first I used to do knockouts (color the inked lines) on semen but not on spit.  Then I used cool greys on spit, and warm greys and whites on cum.  None of it it  ever really worked as a discernable difference to me.  Now I would say I make spit/drool/etc. with more grey, translucent, and reflective (e.g. more highlights).  As for cum, I try to make it look more creamy.  Sometimes I'll even do highlights above the line art.  

post-32215-0-46170400-1472062286_thumb.jpg

What is the difference in drawinh between spit and cum?

How can you tell one from the other in the same panel?

Sign in to follow this